with Mustard Greens & Tahini Sauce
Hands on time: 40 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 English Cucumber, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp unsalted garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 small bunch mustard greens, thick stems discarded and leaves finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups packed)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, or to taste, optional
ONE: Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, parsley, 1 tbsp lemon juice, oil and 1/4 tsp salt; set aside. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, tahini and remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice until smooth. Add 2 to 6 tbsp water, adding 2 tbsp at a time, until yogurt mixture is pourable but still thick; set aside.
TWO: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, coconut, baking powder, onion powder, herb seasoning and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk and mustard until combined. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir with a spatula until just moistened. Fold in mustard greens.
THREE: Mist a large non-sitck skillet with cooking spray and heat to just above medium heat. Working in batches and misting skillet with cooking spray between batches, add about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook pancakes until edges are set and bottoms are golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until opposite sides are golden, 1 to 2 minutes more, Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining batches.
Divide pancakes among serving plates. Top with yogurt sauce and tomato mixture. Sprinkle with paprika (if using).